Uang Cepat

Selasa, 05 April 2011

Are we the right teacher?

"Every child is gifted" .... so they say. We just need to unlock the door. I ran into my 'ex student' a few months ago. She was a slow learner (according to my fellow teachers). She had difficulties in understanding teachers' explanation. No matter how hard the teachers varied their methods. The teachers ran out of idea how to help this poor student. So to my surprise, she told me that she is currently studying in Surabaya Institute of Technology. Wow.. how did she get all those brain she had never had during junior years?
Or maybe....she had not found the RIGHT teacher in junior high school and then she finally found it in her senior years? Is it the student or US...Teachers  should be blame? Yes....my fellow teachers. It IS a slap on our faces! Sometimes we blame students because of something they are not capable of doing. But have we ever measured how hard we try to help them? Have our students met the right teacher? I think i have to look into a mirror after this... and i suggest you do the same thing. 

2 komentar: